Automated asset tracking helps to improve efficiency and save costs for Data center service business, which are tasked with managing hundreds of pieces of devices, parts and other assets across large facilities.
Update IT asset inventories quickly
While preventing IT asset theft or loss of data may be the most compelling reason to invest in a solution designed to automatically manage and track IT assets, there are other factors prompting companies to explore and invest in SMART ID Asset tracking technology. They include:
- Increased accountability, control, and custody
- Instantly know where items are located and their condition
- Strengthen control over its hard drives, laptops and customer confidential data
- Update IT asset inventories quickly and automatically
- Reduce the time and cost of tracking and reconciling IT inventories
- Meet Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements
The State of the Art in IT Asset Management: RFID
The financial benefits of RFID-assisted asset management are significant, virtually instantaneous, and lasting. An RFID cart’s first trip through a large data center typically discovers hundreds of thousands of dollars of idle assets consuming kilowatts of power, backup power, and cooling capacity. It is not at all unusual for an RFID project to recover its entire cost in the first few hours of deployment.
Visit the Smartx BROCHURE to learn more about our solutions.
Returnable Transport Item Tracking using Smart Technologies The use of returnable containers (pallets, roll cages, returnable plastic containers, tote…
Wireless Beacon Solutions for Asset and People Tracking What are Beacons? Bluetooth beacons are small form-factor devices consisting of a…